Barista Job @ Skippers
Normal hours: 7:30am – 4pm, 6 days a week
Pay rate: 30-40k per month gross + tips subject to experience
What is a Barista?
A Barista is a professional who makes and serves beverages such as coffee, tea and specialty beverages. They are responsible for taking customer orders and payments. They also clean and sanitize their work areas, seating areas and equipment/tools.
At Skippers you will also be doing some basic cooking, pancakes, basic baking etc.
We are looking for someone who can make consistent and great coffee and other hot and cold drinks.
You should like, ideally love coffee and have passion and determination to be able to make the best coffee and other drinks in town.
If this sounds like you. Then read on.
- Greet customers as they enter
- Give customers drink menus and answer their questions regarding ingredients
- Take orders while paying attention to details (e.g. preferences of coffee blend, dairy and sugar ratios)
- Prepare beverages following recipes
- Serve beverages and prepared food, like cookies, pastries and muffins
- Receive and process payments (cash and credit cards)
- Keep the bar area clean
- Maintain stock of clean mugs and plates
- Check if brewing equipment operates properly and report any maintenance needs
- Comply with health and safety regulations
- Communicate customer feedback to managers and recommend new menu items
Requirements and skills
- Previous work experience in hospitality
- Hands-on experience with brewing equipment
- Flexibility to work various shifts
- Basic math skills
- Ability to gauge customers’ preferences
- Excellent communication skills
To apply please click here: https://duncan65.typeform.com/to/cX1xvQm9